Maintenance Team Member
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Tesco Distribution are currently seeking to recruit a Maintenance Team Member. This is a crucial and very active role in our distribution operation. Tesco depend on our Distribution Centre colleagues to keep our stores supplied with the right stock at the right time. a Maintenance Team Member in carries out proactive planned and reactive maintenance tasks and all statutory requirements within a Distribution Centre safely, updating the Maintenance Manager and operational Teams as required.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Carry out routine daily, weekly, periodically, quarterly, 6 monthly and annual checks in a safe environment for those who work in the distribution centre including all statutory requirements, not including Mechanical Handling equipment.
- Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with the distribution operational team, managing expectations where necessary.
- Follow Tesco policies and procedures to carry out a variety of routine maintenance tasks.
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing works which needs to be escalated.
- Working collaboratively with external contractors and managing contractors using the Tesco authorisation and permit to work processes.
- Work at all times with due care and attention to minimise danger.
- Identify potential failures/hazards whilst carrying out daily functions, with an awareness of surroundings.
- Managing time and resources effectively, making the most of time at work.
- Supporting the distribution centre in achieving team goals, identifying problems and implementing effective solutions.
- Being aware of the cost implications of any actions and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
You will need
Skills and experience needed to be great at this role:
- Maintenance and/or engineering experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Health and safety awareness.
- People/communication skills.
- Building Maintenance knowledge.
- Financial awareness
- IT skills
Ideal additional skills include:
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH/ NEBOSH
- Completed an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in a mechanical discipline.
- Experience handling multiple projects at one time or working in a fast moving maintenance department.
- Working remotely
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around, from bananas to banking services. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for those who shop with us.
Did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores, dotcom centres and distribution centres across the UK, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with and for customers and colleagues across our exciting business.
Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work