Systems Manager / SAS Developer
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Our Business Support function here at Tesco provide a market leading service for our colleagues and customers and are the key link between our stores and office, focusing on operational excellence and change innovation.
We are currently recruiting a Systems Manager to work collaboratively with colleagues across Tesco, to deliver the productivity change programme. You will be responsible for analysing problems, developing solutions and using SAS, maintain a collection of code to enable the business to understand and forecast our stores workload and targets.
You will be responsible for
Independently manage complex projects end to end, from inception through to delivery and review, including:
- Working collaboratively to understand changes to models.
- Taking complex requests and translate that these requests into SAS Code.
- Extracting, validating, loading, documenting and managing data for different areas of the business and other projects.
- Maintaining a collection of SAS code and procedures in a mainframe environment.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and Product Owners to bring their requirements through the life cycle to implementation phase.
- Creating and carefully documenting all derived data files.
- Designing test scripts to ensure data created meets criteria.
- Assessing the financial impact of projects and building the business case
- Working collaboratively to develop full solutions and operating models, and trialling these as necessary
- Managing and influencing stakeholders cross-functionally, at all levels, at the right time
- Responding in a timely manner to changing priorities; adapting and adjusting plans as required
- Being an expert within your area, having awareness of the wider market and sharing knowledge with the wider team
- Contributing to make your team a great place to work (e.g. supporting activities like team days or team meetings)
- Defining clear objectives with your manager and managing your own development plan to meet this
You will need
- Base SAS Certified
- Able to write SQL queries
- Proficient in mainframe environment
- Advanced Excel user including VBA
- Advanced Access user including VBA
- Retail knowledge
- Stakeholder engagement & influencing
- Developing and working to a plan
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Communication skills
- Influencing & relationship building skills
- MS Office - Including Excel, Access, VBA
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.