Insight Researcher - Communications
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
The insight team’s mission is to influence Tesco to make confident decisions because we understand Customers and Colleagues better than anyone. Our key priorities are setting the customer agenda, commercialising insight, business partnering internally and externally, storytelling and democratising insight.
In this role you will use your expertise in research to help shape our customer communications strategy that aligns to the needs of the customer plan.
You will be responsible for
You will be working closely with your stakeholders, research suppliers, creative & media agencies to understand the objectives for research; devise the best approaches and methods for our research studies.
You will be used to working in an agile way; prioritsing projects, managing multiple projects and ensuring all work is completed to the highest standards
Using your experience of research you will manage our continuous research trackers & curate ad hoc research (pre & post campaign) tailored to the objectives of the communications campaigns. Managing the end to end process independently with support from your manager.
Working with multiple sources and types of data sets to find about about our customers & competitors that we can act on.
Partnering with the agencies & different data sets to pull together a clear narrative which address the business questions in an actionable & commercially astute way. Presenting your work will be in a way which makes the complex simple and lands the key messages with impact.
You will need
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong quantitative & qualitative skills.
- Direct experience within research is desirable.
- Analytical & data interpretation skills.
- Creative problem solving and research skills to develop compelling briefs that deliver meaningful insight.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple agencies.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.