Senior DC Pensions Administrator
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
You will be an integral part of the DC team, responsible for providing expertise, ensuring operations are compliant with UK regulation and checking and improving processes across functions and external providers.
You will be responsible for
- Assist the DC Pensions Manager with overseeing all day to day operational aspects of the Plans
- Act as UK DC subject matter expert to resolve member queries and provide ongoing training to the team in Bengaluru
- Regularly review current DC processes to ensure that these remain in line with UK regulation and legislation and that Tesco/HR policy is up to date and aligned with processes
- Identifying areas of risk and working with other teams to improve operational processes
- Working with the external pensions providers, payroll and other functions to resolve queries and policy requirements.
- Assist in annual pension projects, including the collation and checking of colleague data for Life Assurance and Total Reward Statements and mass mailing exercises.
- Liaise with payroll to effect pension changes for colleagues (including Senior colleagues)
- Quality assurance of Bengaluru DC back office team emails and phone calls and act as point of escalation for queries
You will need
- DC UK Pensions knowledge
- Proven experience in process reviews and improvement.
- Experience of data analysis and integrity
- Relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Strive for continuous improvement, finding better ways of doing things
- Project management
- Excellent MS Office skills
Key People and Teams you will work with:
- Pensions team in UK and Bengaluru
- DC Pensions Manager
- Legal and General (Plan administrators)
- External advisers and other Tesco teams
- Wider Pensions team
People, Budgets and other Resources you will be accountable for:
- Support DC Pensions Manager in managing pensions team in Bengaluru and keeping advisor fees within budget
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work!
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.