Head of Insights
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% and 10% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Health screening every 2 years
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
The insight team’s mission is to influence and enable Tesco leadership to make confident decisions because we understand Customers and Colleagues better than anyone. Our key priorities are putting the customer at the heart of decision making, commercialising insight, business partnering internally and externally, storytelling and democratising insight.
This role will require you to build trusted relationships with stakeholders and lead a high performing team to deliver insight and foresight that informs decisions and meets our customer and business objectives.
You will be responsible for
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best
- Forecasting and managing my budgets effectively, always being cost conscious
- Analyzing customer, competitor & market attitudes and behaviour to develop new customer understanding enabling us to identify opportunities to meet our existing and emerging customer needs better
- Developing new methodologies and managing key agencies and our contractual agreements with them
- Building skills and capabilities of the team to ensure we are learning, applying new methods and continually improving how we work
- Bringing data and insight to life for business leaders through clear and impactful dashboards, presentation and storytelling - making the complex simple
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
A good number of years experience in leading Insight teams with proven ability of translating business strategy into a series of opportunities via robust insight. The ability to navigate a large and complex organisation with political savvy and strong consulting skills enabling you to partner effectively with multiple agencies and stakeholders.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.