Product Manager - Safer Stores
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
This role sits within the Security & Safety team within Technology Change - Store Operations
Our vision is to effectively protect our people, product and property, providing a safe place to work and shop and are tireless in our mission to prevent violence and crime in our stores. Ensuring our colleagues always feel safe whilst doing their jobs is of paramount importance to us and we are investing significantly to ensure this is the case.
This role will ensure we are using the most effective technology to drive valuable solutions that meet our colleagues needs whilst in line with our business and technology strategic goals. The Product Manager will work closely with our Incident Prevention API, data and video platforms alongside the computer vision teams to build a connected and future fit Safe & Secure user application and develop capabilities that continue to move us towards intelligence led prevention and real-time incident support .
The successful candidate will work closely with an Engineering scrum team, UX, UI and data analytics managers as well as Product Managers within the Safe & Secure team and the Security Operation teams. Time will also be spent within our stores and security hubs understanding the needs of our colleagues and customers and getting feedback on our product development initiatives.
You will be responsible for
- Have ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution for it
- Engage with my stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for my product and execute it well by constantly managing my stakeholders expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for my product and their pain points really well
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with my engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Am accountable for the performance/ adoption of my product and work towards increasing it
- Lead discovery work around minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and engineering teams to prototype and validate the MVP
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
- Provide support and coaching to junior Product Managers as well as peers
- Present to other Tesco Product areas on my Product and its functional/ engineering capabilities
- Effectively presented the vision, roadmap, key KPIs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans) for my product
- Driven experiments against defined hypotheses, created MVPs towards robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and their influence on product performance indicators
You will need
Skills relevant for the job
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to complex problems.
- Used good prioritisation techniques to refine & groom your feature backlog regularly.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great presentation & persuasion skills
Experience relevant for this job
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies.
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
- Understand User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.