Online Trading Executive (Secondment)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day, rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our fast-paced online team, focused on providing the optimum shopping experience for our customers, driving sales & conversion growth.
As an Online Trading & Content Executive, you will be supporting the delivery of the onsite trade plan with particular focus on our GM offer and you will continuously look for opportunities to maximize profit and improve customer shopping experience.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting delivery of the onsite trade plan for Grocery Home Shopping for UK and ROI
- Reviewing existing zone pages – co-ordinating the trade planning, design, and publishing processes to deliver engaging, relevant and accurate content onsite for all product categories.
- Using analytics to make data driven decisions to optimise trading content; driving customer engagement, conversion and sales for directional media, trade events, seasonal events and customer shopping missions.
- Daily and weekly review of content performance; communicating these findings in team meetings .
- Building relationships with our Customer teams to ensure we deliver a consistent end to end journey across channels for all campaigns, maximise traffic and sales through offsite marketing and drive SEO improvements.
- Pro-actively seek and own new or improved trading opportunities through all onsite and offsite tools.
- Feed into digital product and technology teams on continuous improvements to our platform and CMS
- Liaising and working with key stakeholders across the business, including commercial trade planning, instore events, Operations, Customer, Dunnhumby, Digital product.
- Having high attention to detail and conducting daily content checks to maintain legality of the site
- You will be a key contact for Dunnhumby (consultancy), working alongside to Dunnhumby to support key revenue drivers both on weekly trade and seasonal events
You will need
- Experience working within an online, retail or ecommerce organisation is desirable but not essential
- A strong passion to work within an online team/organisation
- Strong stakeholder influencing skills
- Experience using web analytics to make data-driven-decisions
- Experience working in a commercial environment
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience using CMS.
- Experience working with Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Workflow process tools such as Asana or Trello is desirable
- Adobe Omniute SiteCatalyst experience
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.