Programme Coordinator - Part Time - 6 month FTC - Parental Leave
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
You will support the SRM Strategy team by managing the Range Change Schedule and core governance processes for SRM. You will be responsible for managing changes to the Range change schedule and ensuring all Range Changes complete the relevant governance processes on time at key milestones of the Range Change Schedule. You will also coordinate internal communications for the department including Business updates and Team Days.
This role sits within SRM:
Space: The team decide the mix of space we allocate to product groups in our stores based on business strategy, customer demographic, locations and shopping mission.
Range & Merchandising: Working alongside our buying teams we build the best product displays which are easy to shop for customers, but also operationally efficient for colleagues.
The Hiring Manager for this role is Schopun Jooma.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Manage all aspects of the governance process for Range Changes, including managing forward agendas, attendee lists and invites, and sending out pre-reads and actions in a timely manner
- Work with Category & Display Teams to understand when governance updates are required and ensuring key decisions are made
- Work alongside the Display Teams to identify and mitigate against risks arising from missed Critical Path deadlines
- Manage the scheduling, agenda and invites for Physical Build Sign Offs, including working with the relevant stakeholders to manage attendance
- Work closely with the Bengaluru team to ensure schedule changes are correctly updated and compliant with SRM process and principles
- Ensure all training material and process documentation is kept up to date and aligned to the Strategy Team’s capability plan
- Support the Strategy Team in preparing relevant data, reports, and presentations to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Support in producing regular reporting and updates on key KPIs such as Range Reduction etc.
You will need
- Proven experience as Programme Coordinator or relevant position
- Tech savvy, proficient/advanced in MS Office (Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Having great attention to detail
- Grasping the big picture and prioritising workload
- Evidence of building strong relationships and influencing across the business
- Proficient in Excel with an ability to manage data sets to make clear recommendations
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.