Lead Product Manager - Web Platform
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
As Lead Product Manager for Web Platforms, you will synthesize the global vision for our web platforms. This role will look at entire web eco-system and understand how to release maximum value to multiple end-user personas.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Help Head of Platfrom to define and execute the web platform strategy for three Engineering teams (currently focused across Micro Front Ends, Accessibility and building out the Web Components Library but this will evolve with the strategy) which will support our business globally and accelerate the pace of our delivery
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to assess and identify customer needs and ensure our platforms deliver maximum value to our customers and the business
- Partner with our Engineering team to develop platform capabilities
- Define and plan the development of a core set of discreet, re-useable components which break down our existing monoliths and build out our microservices framework
- Identify and manage issues that will or are impacting platform stability, availability and functionality
- Partner with the Design Team to ensure design patterns and platform components are used in a consistent way
- Evangelise the platform vision and strategy across the organisation
- Mentor and guide a small team of product managers, helping to develop their product management skills.
- Define the Outcomes and Key Results for this product area, and deliver value in slices for the customers, business, and colleagues.
- This role will best suit a strong technically focused candidate who enjoys working as part of a team, is well-organised, pragmatic and systemic thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Articulating a complex product strategy in terms of consumer and business value
- Strong technical knowledge including experience of working with microservices and devops
- Experince creating or working with design systems and component libraries
- Experience leading and developing high-performance product management teams
- Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver exemplar products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Experience of communicating effectively at senior level
- The ability to influence without authority
- Bachelors degree or demonstrable experience required
- Desirable to have strong knowledge and experience of high-volume transactional businesses (payments, retail, finance, adtech, etc)
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
- Passion to get the right stuff delivered
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.