Head of Finance - Online & Fulfilment - 12 Month FTC
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% and 10% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Health screening every 2 years
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
The Online & Fulfilment finance team forms part of the broader Online & Fulfilment team, and plays a key role in supporting tactical and strategic decision making. Our team provides a broad range of financial support, from keeping the leadership team updated on performance and outlook, to building business cases and delivering insight and analysis, which informs business strategy. As such, we have a direct impact on our customers’ shopping trip and experience of Tesco Online.
This 12 Month FTC will be a key member of the Online & Fulfilment leadership team in delivering their 5 year strategic plan for growth and improved profitability alongside their in year targets and objectives. The successful candidate will be required to provide strong stewardship and challenge to all business cases and proposed investments, as well as finding opportunities to strengthen and accelerate returns for the business. You will coach and lead a high performing team, ensuring that we deliver the appropriate financial support through reporting, analysis and insight to add value.
You will be responsible for
- Leading and mentoring a team of 5, providing an environment that allows them to achieve their career ambitions, deliver their objectives, and have a positive impact to the business.
- Providing the Online and Fulfilment leadership team with Financial stewardship, ensuring they have all the relevant financial considerations to include in any decision making impacting in year performance and/or strategic targets and objectives
- Championing and highlighting opportunities to improve business performance and finding value in the cost base using data backed business intelligence.
- Supporting the delivery of the 5-year strategy for online growth and improved profitability, providing unbiased challenge to proposed investments and returns, ensuring that all new propositions and plans have credible business cases and forecasts that support prioritisation and decision making at Exec level.
- Supporting the function to deliver credible business cases for individual investment, ensuring control and integrity on spend once approved and providing financial rigour to the post investment review (PIR) process, collecting lessons learned and embedding them into our planned approach going forward.
- Supporting the business to innovate and develop the online business for the future, modelling operational and financial scenarios and solutions with clear options and recommendations
- Ensuring that performance reporting is fit for purpose, delivering well rounded insight into variances to targets and clear choices and actions required to improve outcomes.
- Forecast accuracy in year (revenue, cost and capital)
- Developing the business understanding of performance and trends which enables risks and opportunities to be handled.
- Active management of these risks and opportunities to ensure mitigation where possible and then communicate appropriately across the function and finance.
- Challenging the underlying assumptions of decisions to ensure that the consequences have been thought through laterally and any unknowns are understood and factored into decision making.
- Supporting the business in understanding the relationship between the different levers they can pull and the impact that this can have on the wider metrics set.
You will need
Working in Online & Fulfilment provides the opportunity to work at the forefront of the business, supporting the team to serve customers at a time of surging demand and changing customer behaviours. You will have the opportunity to build relationships across different business areas, working together to deliver our strategic goals.
As such, we are looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent with highly evolved financial analysis and modeling skills and experience of engaging and working with senior business partners. Experience of leading teams of qualified finance professionals and the ability to work in a high paced matrix environment, within a business under going transformation will be desirable.
You will also need the skills to provide objective, balanced critique to ensure all decisions are thoroughly considered, and create a strong sense of purpose within the team.