Team Member - The Cafe
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Retirement savings plan - 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
- Life Assurance - 1 x contractual pay
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts: -
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform provided
- Holiday starting at 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
About the role
CAFE TEAM MEMBER
We have a new Team Member job in your local Cafe - so this is your chance to join Tesco Family Dining & get that great work life balance! We are a friendly bunch of people who want to go the extra mile for our guests!
We need you to work flexibly in our Cafe & have a genuine smile on your face when serving your guests a quick bite to eat or a lovely cup of coffee.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Work in a busy Tesco Cafe giving great service worth recommending!
- Know your menu! Does the food or drink look right?
- Upsell our delicious extras...there's always room for a slice of cake!
- Encourage guests to give online feedback
- Always help to make sure your Cafe stays clean, safe & legal
Once cross-trained, you will be responsible for making our delicious food and great drinks
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Practical work experience in Cafes, Fast Food, Restaurants, Pubs, etc
- Understand great service & be passionate about delivering it
- Warm & engaging personality
- Great at multi-tasking, get a buzz of working in a busy Cafe
- Positive attitude
- Cooking experience helpful, however willingness to learn essential
Tesco Family Dining started to revolutionise the Supermarket Dining Experience in 2014 when we opened our very first Cafe Re-model. With our trendy look & a menu that has a wide range products including daily, freshly baked goods! Our loyal guests love it & there is a strong appetite for more!
If you have a disability and need any special arrangements as part of the recruitment process please contact us via Caferecruitment@uk.tesco.com