Customer Delivery Driver
What’s in it for you
As a colleague at Tesco we offer excellent benefits and rewards.
You will enjoy but aren’t limited to:
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- 10% discount at One Stop and 25% discount at Tesco Café
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Uniform provided
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan – save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ after 3 months, and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 1 year
- Career development opportunities including apprenticeships and internal development schemes
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
“A job where you're in the driving seat.”
Our core purpose is to serve Britain’s shoppers a little better every day and being a Customer Delivery Driver you are the first face our customers see.
Being a Customer Delivery Driver is hands on, physical and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same – customer’s look for help in all kinds of different ways.
For most of the day you’ll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers but with a team of managers and colleagues back at base ready to support you when you need them.
Shift Pattern: Various shifts available
You will be responsible for
- To serve your customer’s with a smile & take care of their deliveries as if they were your own
- Load your van where required and do regular checks to make sure it’s road worthy
- Represent the Tesco brand whilst on the UK roads.
- Drive safely, responsibly and within the law.
You will need
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Friendly, approachable and reliable
- Able to adapt to working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Able to adhere to the GB Domestic Driving Rules
- Calm under pressure
- A full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
Working in Customer Fulfilment
The world of retail is changing, with more customers than ever choosing online delivery. Our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC's) are the newest part of our retail operation. They’re fast-paced, fast-growing and at the cutting edge of technology – just the place for you to get on.