Customer Delivery Driver - Weston Favell Extra
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
A job where you are in the driving seat!
As the face of Tesco out on the road, our Customer Delivery Drivers get the opportunity to meet and talk to different customers in their homes every day. That’s why this role is about much more than just driving: it's about helping others and delivering great service, with a smile.
Its hands on, physical and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same and our customer’s look for help in all kinds of different ways. For most of the day you’ll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers but there is always a team of managers and colleagues back at the store ready to support you when you need them.
You will be responsible for
- To serve your customer’s with a smile & take care of their deliveries as if they were your own
- Load your van where required and do regular checks to make sure it’s road worthy
- Represent the Tesco brand whilst on the UK roads.
- Drive safely, responsibly and within the law.
You will need
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Friendly, approachable and reliable
- Able to adapt to working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Able to adhere to the UK Domestic Driving Rules
- Calm under pressure
- A full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points
We’re proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
Please note that we can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6am or after 10pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com