Assistant Merchandise Planner - General Merchandise
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day, rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
You will support and assist your manager and the wider category team in achieving the department profitability and sales strategy.
We have vacancies in areas such a, small domestic appliances, home electrical and entertainment - these roles are for established Assistant Merchandise Planners.
You will be responsible for
- Assisting in the departmental range building process (incl. collating and analysing data for strategy packs and range sign offs) to deliver sales, stock and profit targets
- Contributes to strategy and trade meetings with information based on fact and intuition.
- Ensuring the CRST systems accurately reflect the range build for launch in line with critical path
- Supporting the department range launch critical path (incl. post launch reviews)
- Feeding into the promotion and events trade plan (incl. managing nomination process in line with budget.
- Updating and maintaining all ranging/ merchandising systems/ trackers
- Ensuring that our pricing is administered within agreed timescales, adhering to pricing policy
- Identifying and managing exit of lines from the business including escalating impact on all KPI's
- Realising and creating awareness of the departmental WSSI forecasting (at sub group level to small department level), highlighting risks and opportunities and managing KPI's Vs budget.
- Preparing Monday Trade Analysis reports and undertaking follow up actions
- Reviewing performance Vs. all KPI's highlighting risks, opportunities and proposing actions
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
Skills relevant for the role:
- Experience in an FMCG retailer
- Report preparation
- Data analysis and numeracy
- MS Office (esp Excel)
Teams you will work with:
- Merchandise Planning Manager
- Customer Proposition Analyst
- Assistant Buyer
- Finance Manager UK
People Budgets and other Resources you'll be responsible for:
- Trade plan performance Vs forecast
- Sales/Profit/Stock for relevant area
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work!
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.