Product Development Manager - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Define and deliver the product development proposition for your area by developing and launching great Own Label Products. Manage the Product Development Process by working collaboratively with colleagues and suppliers.
You will be responsible for
- Using your expertise to develop great quality, value and innovation within product, design and packaging portfolio
- Implementing the Product Development Process to ensure our products have a clear customer & business rationale.
- Working closely with the customer team to gain strategic customer insight, ensuring customers are at the heart of everything we do
- Managing the critical path to ensure all of my products are launched on time
- Implementing our brand and category plans across our Own Label Ranges to develop products our customers love
- Ensuring all our products are formulated in line with our Product Rules, corporate initiatives and category plans
- Driving a culture of innovation and passion for product within the team and supply base
- Being an advocate for Tesco brand and sharing your expertise & product stories with internal and external stakeholders
- Keeping up to date with trends in product, packaging & lifestyle, competitor activity and market dynamics and sharing your knowledge with the team
- Supporting my categories supplier strategy to effectively deliver a strategic development plan for your area
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best
- Following our Business Code of Conduct & always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Project Management
- Ability to understand customer, market and competitor insight and foresight data
- Innovative and conceptual thinking
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
- Influencing and communication
- Relevant category/product development experience or formal qualification
- A passion for product and trends
- End to End product and proposition development
- Range Management
Key People & Teams
- Buying, Technical, Customer & Supply Chain Teams
- Quality Measurement Team
- Product Academy
- Marketing and Brand Teams
- Supplier Partners
People & Budgets you will be accountable for
- Line Management of direct reports (WL1) (where applicable)
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work!
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.