What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About the role
You will manage and deliver Tesco's aquaculture strategy and policy and facilitate collaboration and co-operation between the aquaculture industry and Product teams at Tesco.
You will be responsible for
- Developing the long term strategy for Tesco aquaculture supply chains, ensuring they are sustainable and resilient.
- Working with colleagues, suppliers and producers to help them better understand and meet customer expectations on environmental, animal health and welfare and farming best practice.
- Working as part of the Agriculture team, sharing learnings across our function and taking ownership of cross-cutting elements and projects within our strategy.
- Providing Tesco with aquaculture expertise to help colleagues do their job better.
- Owning and enforcing the Tesco Livestock codes of practice and supply chain integrity, from feedmill to slaughter.
- Building strong relationships with our producers and suppliers through our sustainable farming groups, supplier network and other forums.
- Drive continuous improvement, innovation and collaboration in the aquaculture supply chains.
- Work with farmers and processors to understand and address industry issues which could negatively impact on customer expectations and long term sustainability.
- Own the relationship with the relevant industry, research and NGO stakeholders
Key people and teams you will be working with:
- Agriculture team
- Category Buying & Technical teams
- Responsible Sourcing
- Corporate Affairs
- Press and Supplier Network Teams
- Welfare Groups,
- Key External Sector Representatives
- External Auditing Partners
- Farmers/ Processors in your sector.
People and budgets you will be accountable for:
- Budget within Agriculture Team (including management of the sustainable farming group, R&D & Centre of Excellence)
You will need
- Change management
- Medium term project management skills
- Strong influencing skills - Stakeholder management
- Strategic thinking
- Degree in Aquaculture/Agriculture or related subject, such as animal science, farm business management etc)
- Experience within the aquaculture industry
- Strong relationships with aquaculture industry and community
- Experience of delivering and sustaining change
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!