Assistant Buyers - Food
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About the role
Are you a recent graduate or have some buying experience and are looking to work in Food for Britain's largest retailer?
We will provide you with excellent training & development and support internal moves in the future so you will have lots of exposure to different food categories.
If we stock it, we buy it! We have a huge Buying team which ensure that we source and buy great quality products which allows us to give our customer the best offers, ranges and prices available.
If you would like to register your interest in a Buying position at Tesco, please apply to this role, we would love to hear from you.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting your manager to manage supplier performance, identifying potential new suppliers and supporting to build long term supplier relationships
- Using insight tools to analyse and understand performance issues and opportunities
- Conducting regular store/website visits and reviewing customer insight and food trends, helping shape our future product and range requirements for our customers
- Helping to build and source customer/market insight led ranges and product innovation
- Negotiating with suppliers to agree and deliver market leading buy/move/sell plans for your areas aligned to the customer plan & category strategy with support from your manager
- Supporting delivery of trade, promotions & events plan, striving to exceed KPI's, drive footfall and forecast accurately
- Supporting the Supply Chain Plan, helping getting our products in store on time
- Working with suppliers and the category quality team to ensure product quality is achieved and maintained
- Adhering to all Tesco policies, storage and handover protocols and successfully completing all of your training so that you have zero GSCOP breaches. Ensuring all agreements are recorded in writing, reporting GSCOP complaints to Legal within 48 hours of receipt
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Recent graduate or some buying experience
- Excited about working in retail and food
- Influencing, stakeholder management, negotiation skills
- Able to analyse data
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.